Amy Howard at Home Paint Review: My New Favorite Chalk Paint!

This is due to computer monitors displaying colors differently and everyone can see these colorsdifferently... We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product. I’ve purchased many of these items and have nothing but positive comments. The best part is, you have a video on YouTube to walk you through each and every scenario you could possibly have. Thank you for your dedication and belief you have in your products.

You may recall the fantastic project where I turned a plain dresser into a beautiful library card catalog for her book-inspired room. Having a bookshelf in the headboard would give me more space for all her nighttime storybooks. I used Amy Howard At Home® One Step Paint™ for this project.

What is Amy Howard at Home paint?

I love that this chalk paint is available at so many different retailers. Depending on your location and need, you could easily scoop up the perfect shade of chalk paint same day. Unlike other brands where you have to find a specific stockist that carries the paint, Amy Howard is also easily available online. And I highly recommend it for your next furniture painting project. If you’re interested in reading more thoughts on Behr chalk paint, I wrote a review of Behr chalk paint right here. I also like Behr chalk paint — the biggest perk here is that Behr chalk paint is available in any color that Behr offers.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

I picked up the sample size pots of these two colors. I thought if it’s hard to work with, I can use it for painting accessory pieces and just make my own tried and true chalk paint. I personally always opt for a wax sealer as a top coat on all of my chalk painted furniture.

how do you apply amy howard chalk paint?

This water based enamel dries in one hour to a gorgeous eggshell finish. Amy Howard at Home offers a variety of finishes and sealers for your chalk paint project, ranging from specialty glazes to colored waxes. I painted the desk in the Atelier and the chair in the basic black. I even had time to recover the seat cushion. I decided to leave the interior of the desk alone.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

It’s fast, easy, and provides the perfect matte finish to really enhance the paint color. Not to mention it gives it the most velvety touch if you’re not really into that dry chalky look. The first piece I started with was my nightstand. I set the small jar of paint upside down in my sink while I cleaned my nightstand. I was painting all of this furniture in my bedroom because there was no way I could move all of the furniture downstairs into the garage and back up by myself. Surprisingly, I did not even notice any odor to the paint.

Does Amy Howard paint need to be waxed or sealed?

Transforms furniture, cabinetry, front doors, and floors with a durable and beautiful eggshell finish. No prepping, sanding, priming, stripping, or sealing is necessary. Use indoors or outdoors with a built in primer and sealer. You should be about to shake it really well. I would not add water to any kind of paint because when you apply it to wood it could damage the wood or get moldy.

I am having a very difficult time sanding the edges of my chairs to distress them. The paint just doesn’t want to come off to give it that distressed look. I have used all kinds of sandpaper from fine to coarse. Wondering if we will be able to clean the paint brushes with soap and water or will need thinner.

where to buy amy howard one step paint

Our matte chalk based paint that adheres to nearly every surface and finish with no sanding or stripping required. I buffed some of the paint off so the stain is popping through. This piece was the last one I painted and once it was done, I started waxing all the pieces with the Amy Howard Wax. Again it was a very easy product to work with as well.

amy howard at home one step paint reviews

Sometimes I will make my own chalk paint so I headed to Ace Hardware to pick out some paint colors when I stumbled upon the Amy Howard At Home One Step Paint. At first I thought, should I even attempt something new when I had very little time to pull this together, what if it was difficult to use? Oh, but they had the perfect color, exactly what I was looking for a perfect grey called Atelier and of course the basic black.

There are tons of colors to choose from in the line, so you can have fun with lots of new projects. If you’re at all considering investing in a paint sprayer, then I highly recommend this Wagner model. It’s fairly inexpensive, but provides a high quality finish and is perfect for beginners and DIYers. I’ve personally never used Amy Howard at Home wax, and all my paint projects have held up well. You can also see the before and after of our bathroom vanity makeover with Behr chalk paint right here.

These workshops are a great way to learn and get your hands dirty. With all three paint projects, I was extremely pleased with the results. For my painted door project, I used Amy Howard at Home One Step Paint, so that’s the particular product I’ll focus on in this post. The MegMade Paint collection features a special line of colors customized for MegMade. Step 3 – Shake the can or jar of your One Step paint for 1 – 2 minutes. Step 1 – Turn the can of One Step Paint upside down and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'70s Mens Hairstyles Are Making a Comeback in 2023

Review Of Tivoli River Fishing Pier & Kayak Launch References

Jeff Wittek: How YouTuber Found Fame From Vlog Squad and Documentary